Wednesday, April 03, 2013

mocha banana shake


I love making coffe milkshakes in the afternoon when I want a little sweet snack/pick me up.  Typically, I blend a cup of cold coffee {leftover} with chocolate soy milk or vanilla almond milk, maybe a scoop of ice cream, and some ice.

I think this is the perfect afternoon treat, so when Silk asked me to try out their new soy milk latte drinks, I was happy to oblige.  I buy Silk products all the time {the chocolate soy and unsweetened vanilla almond milk are my faves} and the new latte drink did not disappoint.  Truthfully, it's a lot better than I expected.  The drink has a nice coffe-chocolate taste ratio and is not super sweet.  I like a little sweetness in coffee drinks, but I hate when they are sting-the-back-of-my-throat-sweet.  

The best part of the new Silk latte drinks is that they have no artificial sweeteners and are just 100 calories per serving.  I cannot stand the taste of artificial sweeteners.  Give me real sugar any day of the week.

My mocha banana shake is just 150 calories but tastes super rich.  Neil actually walked in the kitchen as I was enjoying it, tasted it, and was shocked that it wasn't an actual ice cream shake.

Mocha Banana Shake {makes one}
-1 small banana {or 1/2 a large one}, frozen
-1/2 cup Silk Mocha Latte
-whipped cream {optional}


All you need to do to make this shake is slice a banana, freeze it for a few hours, and blend it for about 3 minutes with the Silk mocha latte.  Pour in a glass and top with a little whipped cream.  Prepare to enjoy it - seriously SO good!

If you have never blended a frozen banana before, you are in for a treat.  Blending a frozen banana for a few minutes creates a soft serve like consistency and it is so amazing.  It's not quite soft serve, but it's a pretty close second and so much healthier :).


Silk is offering all of you a dollar off coupon of their new ice latte drinks - just click the image at the bottom of this post....go get some!





This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.

Continue this conversation on twitter using the hashtag #TasteSilk and tagging @LoveMySilk

6 comments:

  1. Yummy and now I am starving, hehe!!!

    Thanks for sharing this great looking tasty treat!!!

    xo Dinah @ sunshine super glam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, it looks and sounds incredible delicious:) Happy day, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really delicious! Can't wait to try this out! :)

    xx Denysia Yu
    http://denysiayu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! And being vegan, this sounds especially good!

    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love banana shakes. I make mine with a splash of almond milk, one whole banana, and a dash of cocoa powder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one. In my daily routine I make banana shakes and add some chocolate. Its really amazing and good for fitness. Now it's time to avail vacuum sealer bags for more information.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

Designed by Jackie Ayr